Let’s Eat! collects quality surplus food from the supermarkets that would otherwise be discarded. Our team cooks this food and turns it into delicious, nutritious frozen meals. These meals are being distributed to those in the community that are going through a difficult time.
Let’s Eat! is on a mission in Queenstown to reduce food waste, feed people in need and bring people together by sharing food.
• Supply nutritious meals to those in our community in financial, emotional or circumstantial need
• Respond quickly to meet the practical needs of those in crisis
• Help people recover from illness and trauma quicker
• Reduce food waste
• Improve mental health: giving volunteers a sense of purpose & belonging and meal recipients the knowledge that others care & practical support to help them through.
• Reduce family stress
• Build empathy and kindness
• Bring people together to form friendships and build a strong, supportive community
Let’s Eat! emphasizes support for all kinds of groups in Queenstown. We have a wide variety of volunteers coming from all parts of the world. Let’s Eat! strives to bring people together and diminish loneliness and social isolation. Queenstown is a beautiful place to live, but it has its unique challenges in terms of cost of living versus the average wages that people earn. It is important that people are being fed, but also bring people together by volunteering together and share food in the pop up restaurants that we envision for the future. Everyone is welcome at Let’s Eat! and we are striving for a strong knit community where everyone belongs and everyone feels included.
To build a strong, resilient community, we need to help! Get in touch today and see all the ways you can help.